Christopher Columbus Jones (C.C.) Scholarship
Preference shall be given to a student who:
- has completed at least one year of undergraduate education as a full-time student at Southern Illinois University Carbondale;
- each applicant must have an overall grade point average of at least 2.5 on the 4.0 scale;
- each applicant must have at least one semester remaining as an undergraduate following the semester during which the scholarship is awarded;
- each applicant must complete a letter of application stating why he/she should be selected as a recipient of the scholarship award;
- each applicant should have three (3) letters of recommendation: two (2) from an instructor, the chairperson or the Dean of his/her academic unit and one (1) from a member of the Black Alumni Group of the SIU Alumni Association;
- each applicant must have had high achievement in some co-curricular activity that was volunteer in nature (i.e.: academic clubs, student organizations, community groups, etc.).
- Ralph and Gloria Dickerson
- Alumni Association
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you completed one year of undergraduate study at SIU Carbondale?
- In order to be considered for this award, you must submit a letter stating why you think you should be selected as the recipient of this award. Please use the space below to submit your statement to the committee.
- Please discuss any volunteer activities that you participate in.
- Each applicant must also submit three letters of recommendation. Two of your letters must be from an instructor that you have had or the Chair, Program Director, or Dean of your academic unit. The final letter must be from a member of the Black Alumni Group of the SIU Alumni Association. Please upload your letters below.
You may also submit your letters directly to the SIU Alumni Association. Letters of recommendation must be received by January 30 to be considered for the award for the upcoming academic year.
- 1. Please upload your first letter here.
- 2. Please upload your second letter here.
- 3. Please upload your third letter here.