Animal Legal Defense Fund (ALDF) - SIU School of Law Scholarship
- The Donor wishes to support a promising student in the SIU School of Law by offsetting the tuition of the student recipient in equal amounts in their second year, first semester and second year, second semester.
- Interested students will apply during the Spring of their first year of law school.
- In addition, the recipient will be offered a paid summer clerkship at the Animal Legal Defense Fund during the summer following their second year of law school, and will be eligible for an externship with the Animal Legal Defense Fund during their third year, subject to the placement being approved by the SIU School of Law.
- The student recipient must successfully complete their first year, be in good standing during any period of receiving scholarship benefits, and be eligible to work in the United States by the time the first scholarship funds are disbursed.
- The applicant must have received a minimum grade point average of 3.0 during their first year, first semester.
- The student recipient should be an active member of the Southern Illinois University School of Law Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapter. There is no cost for membership in the SIU School of Law Student Animal Legal Defense Fund chapter.
- The student recipient will also receive One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) to purchase a laptop computer, complimentary registration for Donor’s annual Animal Law Conference, and animal law books of a value up to One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), from the Animal Legal Defense Fund.
This scholarship is awarded directly through the SIU School of Law. Please contact faculty in the School of Law if you’re interested in applying for this scholarship.