George R. Jensen Scholarship
This George R. Jensen Scholarship was established by George R. Jensen, a 1982 College of Agricultural Sciences graduate. George is grateful for his well-rounded educational experience at SIU Carbondale, which included attending classes full-time in the College of Agricultural Sciences, participating in intramural sports, and working part-time. It is the George’s intent that this scholarship will be awarded to a student who is pursuing a similar experience.
- Scholarship for a recipient majoring in agribusiness economics, agricultural systems and education, animal science, crop, soil, and environmental management, forestry, or horticulture.
- Recipient must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.9.
- Recipient must be employed at least on a part-time basis.
- First preference will be to a student from Chicago or the Chicago Southland community. However, if there is no qualifying applicant from the area, the scholarship will be awarded to a student from the state of Illinois.
- Preference will be to a student who participates in an intramural sports on campus.