Alongi Legacy Scholarship
Established by the John R. Alongi family of DuQuoin, IL as a symbol of gratitude for all that SIU Carbondale has blessed them with since 1933. Applicants must be high school graduating seniors and residents of Perry County or an employee of Alongi’s. Employees of Alongi’s will be given preference. Applicants must submit evidence of financial need. No Alongi family member may apply.
- Alongi Family
- Alumni Association
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you now, or have you ever been, an employee at Alongi's Restaurant?
- Applicants must write an essay detailing educational and career goals, reasons for applying for the scholarship and financial need.
- Applicants must submit a transcript of all high school courses completed prior to the time of application.
- Applicants must submit (3) letters of recommendations, at least one from a teacher or school representative; no recommendations will be accepted from an applicant's relative.
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3