Albert and Leyla D. Somit Honors Program Scholarship
- Recipients must be enrolled in the SIU Honors Program.
- Applicants should submit a brief essay, a current resume or curriculum vitae, and statement of personal professional goals.
- Financial need may be taken into account in the selection of recipients, but is not to be the sole or most important factor.
- Current accomplishments, academic record and future potential, as participants in and representative of, the Honors Program, as evidenced by the materials the students provide, shall be considered in selecting scholarship recipients.
- Other factors being approximately equal, preference should be given to students who are upperclassmen, and who are immigrants, children of immigrants or other first generation college students.
This scholarship is awarded directly through the University Honors Program. Please contact faculty or staff in the University Honors Program if you’re interested in applying for this scholarship.