Matthew M. Meier Faith Family Friendship Fortitude Future Aviation Management Scholarship
The Matthew M. Meier Faith Family Friendship Fortitude Future Aviation Management Scholarship was established to honor Matthew K. Meier, a May 1992 graduate of the Aviation Management program who passed away in September 1996. Matt was known to his fellow students and football players at SIUC, and to his co-workers at United Airlines as a hardworking, dedicated, fun-loving and kind individual. Matt’s personal philosophy is embodied in a creed that he lived by: Faith, Family, Friendship, Fortitude, Future. This scholarship will be awarded to those who embody this creed as well as Matt’s love for aviation.
- Scholarship for students majoring in Aviation Flight, Aviation Management, or Aviation Technology.
- Recipient must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.75.
- Recipient must have an interest in or experience with airline employment, and membership in one of more aviation student organizations at SIU Carbondale.
- Applicants must also submit a brief essay addressing their future goals in aviation and the importance of all or any part of Matt’s personal creed in achieving those goals.
- Area of Interest
- College of Health and Human Sciences, School of Aviation
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you taken, or are you currently enrolled in, AVM 373 “Airline Management?”
- What is your aviation career goal?
- List your three most important aviation career related accomplishments to date; especially include airline employment of internships