Black Alumni Group (BAG) Book/Supplies Stipend
The establishment of the Book Stipend Grant offers the opportunity for the Black Alumni Group, (BAG), to financially assist Black undergraduate students currently attending Southern Illinois University Carbondale. The purpose of the Black Stipend Grant is to be able to assist undergraduate students at the beginning of the semester to purchase their required books and school supplies while enrolled at Southern Illinois University. The book grant is available to undergraduate students only.
To be eligible for the Black Alumni Group (BAG) Book Stipend Grant, you must:
- Be a Black undergraduate student currently matriculating at Southern Illinois University Carbondale at the time of application
- Have a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 2.75/4.0 scale at SIU Carbondale
- Be currently enrolled as a full time student at SIU Carbondale
- Submit a personal statement, including an example of how SIU Carbondale has influenced your life (Maximum of 200 words)
- Submit two letters of reference from SIU Carbondale Faculty/Professor/Instructor/Lecturer
- Area of Interest
- Alumni Association
- Supplemental Questions
- As part of the application for this award, you must submit a personal statement, including an example of how SIU Carbondale has influenced your life (Maximum of 200 words)
- As a part of the application for this award, you must submit two letters of reference from Faculty/Professor/Instructor/Lecturer at SIU Carbondale. Please upload those documents here.
- Letter of reference #1
- Letter of reference #2