Saluki Perseverance Scholarship
The Perseverance Scholarship Endowment provides scholarship support to students who have demonstrated the power of perseverance in overcoming adverse circumstances to pursue a college degree. These circumstances may include, but are not limited to: Personal or family involvement with the criminal justice system, lack of parental involvement, and/or growing up in an economically depressed community with limited opportunities.
- Preference for a first-generation college student
- Recipient must have successfully completed at least one year of education at a community college or at SIU as a full-time student.
- Recipient must have demonstrated financial need.
- Applicant will be referred by the office of the Dean of Students or other campus office or organization.
- Special consideration will be given to students who have completed a 300-500 word essay outlining future aspirations and strategies to attain their goal.
- C. Daniel Binkley
- Up to $1,500
- Area of Interest
- Student Health Services
- Supplemental Questions
- Please address the following in 300 to 500 words:
⦁ What is your definition of perseverance and how has it affected you as a student at Southern Illinois University Carbondale (personal loss, financial hardship, overcoming an obstacle, etc.)?
⦁ Address your specific financial need, including an approximate value, and how this award would help you with your education?
Essays should be typed, double-spaced, and have the applicant’s name on every page.